Mekong Delta Cycling Tour PhnomPenh to SaiGon
Tour Code: SBL9C
Day 1: PhnomPenh to ChauDoc (Dinner)
Boarding on HangChau speed boat at Phnompenh boat pier for a 4 hours cruise down the Mekong river, crossing the border Kamsamnor to Vinh Xuong -Viet Nam. Then a little more cruise to ChauDoc. Our guide will pick you up at Chau Doc boat pier and transfer to hotel for check in. Dinner at local restaurant. O/N ChauDoc
Day 2: ChauDoc to CanTho. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner) Up early for a boat through the amazing riverside market with all its bustling activity and smorgasbord of sounds, colors and smells. Then we cruise through the fish-farm village producing tons and tons of fish beneath hundreds of floating homes. Discover the ethnic Cham village with its famous Mubarak Mosque and observe local women at their traditional weaving. Visit Sam mountain then mount our bikes for Tri Ton (40km). Get on our van, transfer to Long Xuyen for lunch break. In the afternoon, we cycle on country road to Cantho. Free time for promenade along city quay or more cycling along Can Tho river bank (if time permitting). Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: CanTho to VinhLong to BinhHoaPhuoc island (Breakfast, lunch, dinner) Early morning boat trip to Cai Rang floating market and cruise in natural waterways before turning up a quiet canal and, enjoying the beautiful Delta scenery and meet the locals (many on bicycle too). Start cycling from Ba Cang to Tam Binh, Cai Nhum (Depends on group cycling ability, our guide will tailor a special route for this day : passing villages of brick kiln, terracotta and pottery kiln or riding on immense rice fields, cycling through numerous rural riverside villages). From Long Ho, take a ferry on the might mekong river (approx.1.5km wide) to Binh Hoa Phuoc and An Binh Island. Great sunset view from Mekong. Dinner and overnight guesthouse on island.
Day 4: BinhHoaPhuoc to CaiBe to SaiGon (Breakfast, lunch) Sightseeing on island: cycling through fruit orchards, local market etc… Boat cruise to CaiBe floating market. Lunch break at an ancient house. Leisurely afternoon bicycle ride 2 hours on small dirt road, walking bridges, ferry crossing to Cai Lay. Late afternoon we take bus drive the busy highway –1 back to Sai Gon. End of tour.
Standard hotel: Fortuneland ** / ChauPho **
21,830,000 vnd (US$ 945) / Solo person
13,510,000 vnd (US$ 585) / person (group of 2 people)
10,970,000 vnd (US$ 475) / person (group of 3 people)
9,820,000 vnd (US$ 425) / person ( group of 4 to 8 people)
Single supplement : 1,040,000 vnd (US$ 45)
Deluxe hotel: Victoria ****
26,900,000 vnd (US$ 1,165) / solo person
16,500,000 vnd (US$ 715) / person (group of 2 people)
14,320,000 vnd (US$ 620) / person (group of 3 people)
12,470,000 vnd (US$ 540 / person ( group of 4 to 8 people).
Single supplement : 4,160,000 vnd (US$ 180)
- All boat trips and entrance fees.
- Accommodation: guesthouse on island. Deluxe hotel: Victoria****. Standard hotel: Fortuneland or similar***, ChauPho**
- Meals: B,L,D as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transport : A/c bus supported with snack, cold water (Four 0.5L bottles per day per person), towel..
- Guide: Experienced tour guide.
- Bicycle: High-end mt.bike or hybrid bike.
- Speed boat from PhnomPenh to ChauDoc.
Not included: Insurance, Visa fees, personal expenses.
- You should bring a small overnight bag to the guesthouse on island. Heavy suitcase or big backpack can be stored inside the van. (safe parking overnight). Guesthouse on island has very basic beds, share bath, no hotwater.
- Bring your cycling short, it will be more enjoyable for long ride.
- We try to take you to quiet road as much as we can, but this trip is not 100% off-road. We sometimes meet road with a few cars and trucks. If you are allergic to trucks, do not take this trip. Thanks.
Here are videos and photos of Mekong delta cycling tour Phnompenh to Saigon
And the boat trip to TraSu mangrove melaleuca forest. You can see more information about TraSu here: